Marsalforn is the busiest tourist destination Gozo with plenty of bars, restaurants and accommodation options to chose from. Situated on the north coast, the resort has a great beach and is surrounded by lovely countryside. It is a great destination for families and couples and has not lost any of its authentic Maltese charm
Previously a small fishing village, the resort now has a lovely harbour with plenty of colourful boats bobbing up and down in the sunshine. The beach, Marsalforn Bay is mostly rocky, but there is a sandy area nearer the harbour. It is a great beach for children as the waters are safe for swimming. There are also some other great swimming spots along the coast.
There is a great promenade full of cafés that expands along to Qbajjar and Xwenjni. It is a lovely place to grab a coffee or a cold beer and watch the world go by.
Things to See and Do in Marsalforn
- Visit Ramla Bay, a beach that has beautiful red sands and blue waters.
- Take a trip to Victoria to spend some time in the shops as well as visiting the historic sites.
- Explore the nearby Ggantlia temples.
- Book a dive trip and be enchanted by the beautiful sea and marine life.
Photos of Marsalforn
Places to Eat in Marsalforn
- Chez Amand- Warm and friendly restaurant with a menu to suit all tastes.
- La Trattoria Restaurant- Local ingredients for deliciously authentic Maltese food.
- Pierre’s Restaurant & Pizzeria- You can get a great table here right next to the seafront and the food is excellent.
Places to Drink in Marsalforn
- Otters- For great views out to sea.
- Glassbox Bar- For happy hour cocktails.
- Bo Jangles Bar- Fun bar that also serves food and shows the sport on TV screens.
Places to Stay in Marsalforn
There is a great selection of accommodation options in Marsalforn.
Getting to and around Marsalforn
There is no airport on Gozo so all flights land in Malta. The ferry to Gozo departs from Cirkewwa which is about a 45 minute drive from the airport. The ferrys go fairly frequently (there are more in high season) and take approximately 20 minutes to arrive at Mgarr. Once at Mgarr the drive to Marsalforn is 15-20 minutes.
Once in Marsalforn, you will find it easy enough to get around by foot. The resort is also served well by public buses.
Check out other great destinations in Malta…
Your Malta property could feature here! Tell the world about your property and why it would be perfect for the holiday of their dreams. All of our gold listings feature above silver and bronze listings in the search results, making them more prominent for visitors to the site.
Advertise your Malta property here! Reach out to an engaged audience of people who are looking for a holiday in Malta with your property listing. Silver Listings are positioned in the middle of the page, above the Bronze Listings and below the Gold Listings. More Images Further Information …
Get your Malta property listed here! (Bronze Listing)
Get your Malta property featured here on Malta Holidays for free! For more details see our ‘List Your Property’ page.